Sakami Gold Property
- The Sakami property consists of 128 mineral claims totaling 65.7km2. 100%-held by Genius, 2% NSR
- Access to the property is via the Trans-Taiga road by truck and on Sakami Lake by boat to reach summer fly camps.
- The property straddles the contact between the Opinaca and La Grande geological sub-provinces over a distance of 35 km in the James Bay territory. Goldcorp’s Eleonore Mine (7.85 million ounces of gold) is located near the southern Opinaca-La Grande structural contact.
- North of the Sakami property, the Osisko-James Bay Zone 32 carries a historical resource of 4.2 Mt at 2.1 g/t Au and 0.2 % Cu (310,000 ounces of gold).
- Limited exploration was carried out on the Sakami property, yet two potential areas have been identified by assaying grab samples providing gold results of up to 2 g/t Au
The Sakami property, located in the James Bay area of the Province of Quebec, straddles the structural contact between the Opinaca and La Grande Archean subprovinces which exposes a significant number of gold showings related to sulphide-rich quartz veins in iron formations and shear zones. The Sakami property displays diverse lithologies showing signs of alteration and/or gold mineralization (Au =1 to 5 g/t) principally associated with mylonitic or sheared zones.
During the 2017 fall exploration campaign Genius Properties conducted a ground-based PP, EM-VLF and magnetometric surveys along a 34 km grid on the South Block of its Sakami property located in the James Bay area, Quebec. The geophysical surveys were accompanied by the collection of humus and soil samples, the latter being analyzed for 53 elements using the Mobile Metal Ions (MMI) technology. Several grab samples were also gathered for precious and base metal determination.
Alternatively, significant gold mineralized samples with values greater than 100 ppb occurred in the northeastern Sipanikaw sectors of the property principally in sheared or mylonitized hydrothermally altered (pyritized, sericitized) metavolcanic rocks and in iron formation.
Genius Metals will perform magnetic and IP/Resistivity surveys on new and refurbished gridlines in the northern portion of the property.
Further detailed mapping and rock sampling, including channel sampling, will be implemented in the sector principally located on the northern shore of Lake Sakami shear/mylonite corridor.
Genius completed induced polarization, magnetic and VLF geophysical ground-based surveys totalling 51 linear km on the Sakami Property. A drilling campaign on the best chargeability targets is planned during the fall 2019.